Thursday, May 12, 2011

The sweet sound of Homecoming!

Well for those of you who want to hear about our homecoming here it is!!

Tuesday night after I finally got the whole to do list done, I finally was able to fall asleep at about 10:30, oh how quickly the alarm clock went off at 1:30. As I slowly got up and called the hotline for any updates on their arrival, the message said they had landed at midnight and would be there 3:30-4, about 30 minutes earlier than originally thought! I started going into panic mode thinking I wasn't going to make it. We had a couple of friends coming to support us and as I text them to tell them they were early and to call one of friends to wake him up, I told him to get up and hurry up! He came over help me hang the welcome home sign and get the girls in the car. As we drove over I was so anxious and nervous, more so that we weren't going to make it in time. I got a phone call that they were coming on base, ugh now I was more nervous I wasn't going to make it in time for the buses to pull up! As we got there and tried to find a spot to park, we got the girls in the stroller and were running over to the crowd of people. They told us that only four guys had come through, my heart started racing thinking that one of them could have been Will and I would have missed it! Our other friends pulled up right in time. I kept asking them all to watch for me while I dealt with the girls screaming at my feet (not a good way to start). Pablo finally started yelling at me that he saw him, as I fought with him that thas was not him, it turned out it was. I left the girls with our friends are ran to meet my man. It was the most amazing feeling to be held once again in his arms. To my suprise he didn't look any different than when he left. As he came to see the girls, since they were already upset that I ran off from them, they were not in a good mood at all. The look in his eyes to see his sweet girls was the best feeling ever!
Although yesterday was the longest day of my life, it was the most rewarding day! I was so amazed at how Will jumped back in. He was willing to change diapers, feed the girls, give them a bath whatever they needed he did whatever they would allow him to do. They are still hesitant but the day when better than I had expected for how little sleep we were all running on. I am so thankful to have my amazing husband back, to have our girls daddy back, and to be a family again! Thank you to all again, I am so blessed by my sweet family!

No comments:

Post a Comment