Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Hectic Life!!

So I know it's been a few days since I have written, but I didn't realize how busy I would be..on vacation! My mom got to Cali on Thursday and we did some shopping and relaxing while packing and what not! Saturday the madness began... my sweet neighbor took us to the airport, and it was pouring rain and freezing! I was sopping wet from getting everything and the carseats out of the car, it was miserable! Security was suprisingly not too painful, and didn't take as long as our first time! The plane was a bit late, but the girls had a blast with the open freedom of crawling around the airport and everyone giving them attention! The flight was a nice long 3 hours and it wasn't miserable but it was long, the girls took about an hour nap, and Jaelyn kicked me out of my seat so she could sleep in it, which meant I sat on the floor! On the flight Ava started coughing and so the sickness began! She has been having a really hard time breathing, sleeping, eating, anything...so yesterday I took her to the doctor and they took her vitals and said her oxygen level was only at an 88% and that I needed to take her to the ER asap! As much as I hate the ER and the wait, they gave her steroids and did some xrays to make sure she hadn't swallowed anything...when everything came back negative they determined it's the croup! It could have been alot worse, and I'm thankful that that's all it is, but now that she is on these steroids they weaken her immune system and she is not supposed to be around people or out in public...so life will be boring and indoors for a while! And they said it will be about a week to two weeks before Jaelyn will be in the ER being treated for the same thing! Lets cross our fingers and pray to God that maybe she won't get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment