Friday, November 26, 2010

I wanna go home!

Yesterday as thanksgiving came and went, I felt lonely and sad... I didn't get to celebrate with my best friend, we didn't get to spend time with family, friends and loved ones together. Every year I look so forward to my mommas Christmas cooking (and since Thanksgiving is the same meal)...we usually are not in town for Thanksgiving, but only Christmas, this year I was so excited for some good turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie...little did I know that it is not the food that makes it so good, it's the people you have to share it with! I felt sick to my stomach all day, and tried to hide the tears that were welling up in my eyes. Why is it that without your other half, things aren't as fun, or holidays don't seem like holidays? I feel as though this holiday season is one that will easily be forgotten, because my heart is not in it this year! I am sad and lonely and just want to go home and be in my own bed, my own house, with my whole family, spending Thanksgiving as we have known it the past couple years, with my bad cooking, and good friends all going through the same things TOGETHER! I get so excited to get a phone call, email, or even a yahoo message, but when I stop and think about it nothing will ever be the same as being together in person and sharing these moments as a family! I hope that everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving and cherished their sweet moments with their families and friends!!

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel friend, everyone always expects you to be happy and enjoy the season but nobody really understands how bittersweet it is. You love the holidays and the food and the fun, but it's so empty without your man.

    ReplyDelete